- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown/white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder plus 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. freshly ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
2) Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt until well blended. Mix in the flour, one cup at a time, the baking soda and baking powder until the dough gathers together. With floured hands, pinch off small, 1/2 teaspoon amounts of dough, roll into tiny balls, and place on a baking sheets (you will probably need more than one).
3) Bake in preheated oven until bottom of cookies are light tan, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 15 minutes on baking sheets. Store in an airtight container.